en

Exotic pets | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Pet lovers
steppenwolf777
steppenwolf777 Sep 17 '16
are they really necessary or is it just a fashion?
fragola
fragola Sep 18 '16
exotic pets?mmm, I think that exotic animals or pets must live in their habitat. We can see different cases on TV where these types of animals can not adapt to their new environment and also can die. It is different when some exotic animals that are endangered can be taken to some natural reserves to be saved. It is only my sincere opinion.
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Sep 18 '16
you make a good point, fragola. By that I mean what is meant by an "exotic" pet? 

For example: When I was growing up I used to keep snakes and other reptiles that were local animals. They were probably called "exotic" by some people just because they were not a typical pet.

However if physical location of where the animal originally comes from is part of the definition of "exotic" then that just might change the answer someone gives.

Can you be a little more specific with what you mean by "exotic", steppenwolf77?
Willi
Willi Jan 31 '18
It really does depend on which country you live in. In some Caribbean countries iguanas can be pets, I liked to catch slowworms (they look like a small snake but really are legless lizards and thus harmless) and keep them in a pocket. Becaue it's warm in there, they stay put but occasionally stick the head out, which scared some kids...

Actually cats are ecotic pets everywhere but in North Africa which is their region of origin. I knew a guy, who had a pet scorpion !

Josey23
Josey23 Aug 31 '18
I have a Blue Front Amazon parrot.. they are from South America... I have had him for 35 years!! They make great pets, and because I live on the tropical gulf coast , he feels right at home!!!

Advertisiment

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo