en

Flipping Money Scam Growing On Social Media | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Scam
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Jul 24 '15
I came across this article here : https://wspa.com/2015/07/23/flipping-money-scam-growing-on-social-media/

I think the moral of the story is "if sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true".... Not to mention to not believe much of what you read on the internet

Flipping Money Scam Growing On Social Media

Published: July 23, 2015, 1:35 pm

A fast cash scam is gaining ground on social media. It promises a big return on your small investment.

But the “flipping money” ploy will only leave you in the red.

Kendra Rollins in Spartanburg admits her boyfriend was blind-sided.

“He showed it to me and he was like look, this person sent in $200 and got back you know $1200. He was like, I can do that, you know we have the extra money, let’s send it in and then we’ll get money back and save that up and then we send some more in,” said Rollins.

The flipping money scheme works like this. Scammers post flashy photos of hundred dollar bills fanned, stacked and stuffed in envelopes on bogus Instagram or Facebook accounts. They claim they can multiply your money through foiling the card system. All you have to do is give them a loaded prepaid card number and pin.

“They’ve got their act together and they have all the right answers when you start asking questions, and it’s just a big setup and they have a network, they can actually say we’ll let you talk to my supervisor and they’ll give you someone else,” said Andre Kerr, the Spartanburg Community College Campus Police Chief.

Fraud.org says in some cases they are even convincing people to send their debit cards in the mail. It sites one victim who says she lost $6000.

The scam is so prevalent, that if you do a search for #flippingmoney, you find more than 45,000 posts, and it’s that shear number that is making more and more people believe.

“Every day there would be someone new claiming to have gotten $1200 to $5000 back after sending money so, that’s why to him it was like this has got to be real,” said Rollins.

Her boyfriend is one lucky guys because Rollins has a good head on a her shoulders.

“Scam alert just went off in my head,” she said.

And she saved him from becoming the next victim.

jpinder1087
jpinder1087 Aug 19 '15
billy that is crazy man. wow. you know what. here in canada its the same thing. i own a gas station and we sell prepaid visa cards and some new cards called paypower cards which work like a reloadable visa card. you can load up to 500 dollars on the card. some people have gotten phone calls and emails from supposed hydro companies and their mortgage company to pay their mortgage and hydro bil by buying a reloadable paypower visa card for 500 and using it to pay your bills. all you have to do is give the pin number that comes with it and the scanmers steal your money in a second
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Aug 20 '15
yes Jas very true. water, electric, fuel, TV, the tax collector, and lots of other valid "companies" the scammers ( criminals) will impersonate to get you to send them money.

Not to mention the fake websites of pet scams, loan scams, fake check (employer) scams, and the standard romance scams and other 419 scammers of assorted varieties. They have infiltrated just about every sales market on earth now.
jpinder1087
jpinder1087 Aug 21 '15
you mentioned doubling your money. one of my regulars. apparently the scammers hacked into her instagram account and then gave her a call saying that your balance is showing 200 on the card. we can make it 2000 by adding a zero at the end. are you kidding me. luckily she knew and didnt do

Advertisiment

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo