en

Countries with the most and least online fraud | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Scam
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Jun 4 '15
Countries with the most and least online fraud

article found here : https://www.marketwatch.com/story/countries-with-the-most-and-least-internet-fraud-2015-06-03

it is a total of 11 pages long, but not all of them are full length pages. I did not include the pictures with the summary below. ( Thats why it says above........ and there is nothing above to be seen).

The e-commerce industry has grown into a trillion-dollar marketplace, and with all that money changing hands, the risk of fraudulent activity increases. Forter, a company that operates an e-commerce fraud prevention platform, analyzed over a million online transactions over the course of 2014 to identify the countries which are the safest and the most risky for fraudulent activity.

The study also revealed fraud rates in Android are more than twice as high as in iOS — swindlers tend to attack via Android rather than via iOS when using mobile, since android systems are easier to manipulate. These are the countries with the most and least risk for Internet fraud:

Most risk of fraud:1. Indonesia

Above, an Indonesian police officer is posted at a local bank's ATM in Nusa Dua at the resort Island of Bali in 2010, following fraud cases where customers were victimized by syndicates with the use of data-capturing devices illegally installed in bank machines.

2. Venezuela

Above, graffiti depicts Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro in Caracas.

3. South Africa
Above, a woman passes an advertisement for pick n' pay online shopping in Soweto, South Africa.

4. Brazil

Employees work at the startup company Hotel Urbano in Rio de Janeiro. Hotel Urbano, an online hotel booking service, got $52 million last year in the nation's biggest venture capital funding of the period. Brazilian startups are reaping the benefits of a global venture capital community that's hunting for markets with large, untapped bases of Internet-using consumers.

5. Romania

Above, a man sits in his horse-drawn carriage in the middle of a street in the city of Zimnicea, Romania, where life in the small Romanian port town is defined by poverty, corruption and remarkably, a yearning for communist days.

Least risk of fraud:1. Denmark

Above, the reception area at the headquarters of Lego A/S in Billund, Denmark.

Least risk of fraud:2. New Zealand

Above, people wait in line on Queen Street before the opening of New Zealand's first Topshop and TopMan store March 12 in Auckland, New Zealand.

Least risk of fraud:3. Finland

Above, pedestrians and shoppers pass retail shops including the Stockmann Oyj department store, center, in central Helsinki, Finland.

Least risk of fraud:4. Norway

Least risk of fraud:5. Switzerland

Above, the Baselworld Watch and Jewelry Show is a trade show of the international watch and jewelry industry.

gigi623
gigi623 Oct 2 '15
What have you heard about Spanish scams? Especially  the romance type? Have been approached on a game sight by someone claiming to be spanish. We all, my alliance exchanged cellphone and email adresses. For wattsup.application use, which is mailing used by member game related chat.which is what most use it for. One member chats with me about other things, sends pictures of the country,self pictures, also utube music we like. Has called a few times. But language is a barrier. Never asked for anything, said that never would. We talk of some day meeting. My son is convinced it is a scam of some sort. Is upset I talk to this person. What do you think?
gigi623
gigi623 Oct 2 '15
We have been talking and playing this online game for about a year now. Thanks for any response . 
gigi623
gigi623 Oct 3 '15
Thanks for your response. No spam or anything like it. He drives truck cross country and sometimes has long lay overs away from home. So he relaxes by playing clash of kings and talking to people all over the world. It has in game translator. And of course we talk about everything under the sun. I'm enjoying it, he does. So no harm done. Thanks again for your response. As we say in the kingdom  safe passage and blessings  ☺
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Oct 5 '15
gigi, scammers are everywhere ( you might even have one or 2 in your own town).... but like wind said, if its been a year and he hasn't asked for money, a visa, or anything other than your time.... it sounds hard to call the guy a scammer. Very few will wait that long to start asking for stuff.

I found this quiz @ RS the other day, take it for yourself and see what the answers are.
https://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=5179
gigi623
gigi623 Oct 5 '15
Thank

Advertisiment

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo