en

How important is job and financial security for a relationship? | Forum

Marisa Admin
Marisa Oct 14 '16
Do you care where a person works? if they have a job at all? how financially stable they are? Do you think what they do for living speaks about a person?

Just honestly, we are not the double-faced politicians. 

billyHill Moderator
billyHill Oct 19 '16
So I'm guessing your answer, Ian, is no, you don't care if they work? or how financially stable they are, or if their job says anything about them?? 

In my case it depends on the person. I can support another person ( and I do support my wife and daughter), but since she likes doing her job and it is income she is welcome to do what she wants. I don't see what a person's job has to do with them as a person, provided they are enjoying what they do. If they do not enjoy their work then it may become an issue depending on that person's outlook on life.

My daughter is in college now and i hope she gets at least a part time job to help her learn the value of work and money.

I don't care how financially stable anyone else is. The more important is the insides ( some may call them moral standards and actions). There is an exception to this rule ( in my book), if a person is well off, and acts or behaves like they are above anyone else, then I stay away as much as possible. We are all people in my book and just because you have a material possession does not make you any different from me or anyone else. All of us on Earth bleed red blood. as far as I am concerned, that is what matters most.
isle
isle Nov 9 '16
important in the sense that if you cannot take care of yourself how do you take care of someone else
William75
William75 Nov 21 '16
Love never works when no minimum money involved 

I love money, so I love working

bros259
bros259 Dec 10 '16
Money is the root of all evil we all want more and think we need more but as long as a roof is over your head food on table bills paid an you love each other then all is good
adventurer55
adventurer55 Dec 28 '16
Probably if you have been poor all your life, you dream of being rich and famous. But how many Hollywood stars have to become junkies to endure their lives, and how many have ended their lives at the acme of their careers? When are you really, really happy? Most will agree, when you have found someone you love who loves you in return. That is worth more than all the money in the world.
Lytharia
Lytharia Feb 8 '17
I agree with billyHill on this. Back to the balance thing again (ugh, I know LOL) What works between a couple is what works. Some women want to stay home, others want a career. The same with men. And for the third choice ... maybe they both do or don't want to have a career or stay home.  As long as they take care of each other and they are happy, what does it matter who is the financial or not financial person in the relationship? I have been all three

Advertisiment

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo