en

Hi | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Introductions
davidb23
davidb23 May 10 '16
Hello my name is David I am new to the site and just wanted too say Im glad 2have this opportunity to meet new people.
billyHill Moderator
billyHill May 10 '16
Hey there David, nice looking scooter you have there. Ride it much in that cold climate?? (assuming you stay around IL most of the time)... what year, miles on her? motor size?

The most important thing to do is use the search button near the top. Enter your criteria in it then after you get results, send private messages (PM's) or Instant Messages (IM's) if they are online to the folks you think you may get along with.

other than that there is a lot to do around here if you want, including but not limited to :
You are more than welcome to participate here in the forums, too. Just add in your opinions wherever you think they fit. Or start new topics like you did here to introduce yourself

you can also join groups, start one if you think we need more.... post and watch videos, answer and ask poll questions, vote on pics and videos, and probably more too.

welcome to our little corner of the w w w .

spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU May 11 '16
Oh geez!  You two rev heads should get on well.  lol

G'day David and welcome to DnM.  Enjoy your stay 

davidb23
davidb23 May 11 '16
Rite on Billy thanks for the info. Oh hell yea I ride year around ya gota run with the big dogs or stay on the porch lol Thats a 94 FXSTS I got er in 95 previous owner coldnt handle his whiskey lol skined him up with the road rash lol picked er up cheap its a 1340cc or was I put a lil more back in her begining of season last year bored er .20 over and a andrews cam she a real hoot lol 
davidb23
davidb23 May 11 '16
Lol Startn the name-calling and profiling Huh lol thanks Mr. Moderator Gday 2u 2 sir.
billyHill Moderator
billyHill May 11 '16
so a 94 still has a carb, doesn't it?  I've got an 84 Shovelhead ( the last of em). 80 cubes just like yours, I don't know how much over it is, but I've got ten thousands left before I need new ( bigger ) jugs on her. Rebuilt the top end 3 times in the past 30 or so years and have yet to touch the bottom end. I've got somewhere around 150,000 miles on her, but its really just a guess as my first speedo lasted 25000 miles, and the next one broke around 6 K. I've just counted back tires at the rate of 5 or 6000 / tire to get to 150K.

I gotta admire you for riding year round. I moved to Los Angeles area about 16 years ago, rode all year for my first few years here and now the mornings that are 40ish are too cold for this sissy. what can I say, I'm old now .

Or I could just say that the idiot drivers here in Southern California really give new meaning to the words "taking your life into your own hands".... OMG even though white lining is legal here, there are so many idiots you really can't drive on a freeway unless there are 3 or more bikes. The cars actually try to run you over!!  when there are a few boys (riders for you PC types) together, I guess it scares the sled drivers and they don't drive like the morons they are.

anyhow, I'm rambling....

btw, Louise (SpectrumAU) is good at profiling . I'm more curious to learn what a rev head is.... Those Aussies have a slang like they live on the other side of the world

and just 2 hints, 1) you can hover your mouse over the avatar and it gives a brief description of that person..... and 2) there is an edit button under your post if you care to change some of what you say ever.....

spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU May 11 '16
Rev head = someone who likes cars... or bikes 
billyHill Moderator
billyHill May 11 '16
thanks Louise. Here we call that a motor head. Not to be confused with the band motor head. Or in our case bikers in general.

I was starting to think rev head had something to do with illegal substances that wind a person up

btw David, there are several bikers here on site, but I'm not sure how many of them are female, one I can think of in Germany if she is still around.
The Forum post is edited by billyHill May 11 '16

Advertisiment

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo