en

what is love? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
aloneindekalb
aloneindekalb Apr 17 '16
in some of my reading i have found a pretty good explanation of what love is. it go, love is when the spirit is excited.

such as if someone has the same interests as you.

what excites your spirit?
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Apr 17 '16
good question..... Don't we usually answer our questions when we ask so others have a template to follow?

or at least to give an idea of the format of the answer(s) you are hoping for??
The Forum post is edited by billyHill Apr 17 '16
spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU Apr 17 '16
I might point out that you've asked two different questions here.  The title asks "What is love?"  Your post asks "What excites your spirit?"

For me the second question is easy to answer...

A sunny day  

aloneindekalb
aloneindekalb Apr 18 '16
they do go together.
Marisa Admin
Marisa Apr 18 '16
I think people pile into word "love" too many meanings. There is love for your family and friends. There is love between mother and child. There is love for your pet. There is love for your motherland. There are just things that you like and you say you "love" them (food, places, etc..). And many more. All these forms of love are based on different emotions, and driven by different instincts.

And of course there is love in its most common meaning - between male and female. The last one is easy - it is lust. It is sex. It is an instinct for reproduction. Nothing more. People tend to romanticize it, but it's still the same thing that drive animals of opposite sex together. There can also be respect, friendship, common views and interests, but it has nothing to do with love, because love itself is just a physical thing. And nobody will ever convince me of the opposite. 

billyHill Moderator
billyHill Apr 18 '16
I sort of agree with both Louise and Marisa. Hence the reason for my statement about answering the question first, or at least giving us a template of what kind of answer you are looking to get.

Marisa almost sounds like a Psychiatrist / Psychologist with parts of her answer....
wow, billy, keep in mind not to ever get in a battle of wit with Marisa, she may be a smart one ( note to self).   Although I can't say i completely agree with all of the statements, as I do have my own opinions. But I'm not really sure how you want the question(s) answered yet. What kind of format are you looking for in our answers??  ( see how both Marisa and Louise answered with 2 very distinctly different answers?? I am trying to avoid more answers that you aren't looking for. You obviously did not agree with Louise's answer, otherwise you would not have made the comment you did.
Marisa Admin
Marisa Apr 18 '16
lol Billy, I don't bite.  In fact, anybody can disagree with me, I am not really into arguments, see no point, I just express my own humble opinion.

As for original question: I kinda understand what aloneindekalb is asking. He says: love is when your spirit gets excited. I disagree. Thus, my answer: if we are talking about love between friends - yes. If you have common interests and views of life, it is very important for friendships, they are actually based on it. 

If we are talking about love between man and woman - no. Love is when your private parts get excited. If you don't want to have sex with your partner - there is no love. There is just friendship. And it's a totally different ball game. 

In my opinion, man and woman shouldn't base their relationship/marriage just on friendship, as it's a different type of love, which follows its own rules and instincts, and also often falls apart.

billyHill Moderator
billyHill Apr 18 '16

Quote from Marisa lol Billy, I don't bite. 

Gee, so all those stories I've heard are false?? 
Marisa Admin
Marisa Apr 18 '16
I only bite bad people!!   But wont touch nice people! 

spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU Apr 18 '16
Yeah but what about Billy?

Joan03
Joan03 Jul 15 '16
Love? Just a few words have come to my mind as if in a brainstorm. Acceptance, tolerance, eloquence, attention, desire to give, beauty. Time and effort, similar wavelenght, patience, understanding and the list can be continued. But you are right, we love each person in our lives differently.
Gary1066
Gary1066 Oct 1 '16
Good question.
aloneindekalb
aloneindekalb Oct 2 '16
  if your spirit is not excited with someone is that not love?

is not the coming together of the spirits. dose that count for love?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
davemac
davemac Apr 4 '17
Sometimes we should accept that words are not enough to explain something. If you've been in love you know how it feels, but why spoil the surprise for the rest, let them find out for themselves :-)
mannie1999
mannie1999 Apr 9 '17
love is a feeling, beautiful, but can also be devestating when heart broken..
you
you Apr 10 '17
WhatsApp os LOVE?

Baby don't hurt me

Dont hurt me , come on 

Advertisiment

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo