maddee67
maddee67 Jul 23 '15
h

HELLO I'M DEE

I'M A NEWBIE AND HOPE TO MERT NEW  FRIENDS

HAVING RECENTLY BEEN SCAMMED I FOUND THIS SITE THROUGH romancescam.com 

TO BE HONEST I'M EMBSRRESED TO ADMIT I FELL FOR IT

IV CRIED MANY TEARS 

FORTUNATLY I SUSSED IT WAS BEFORE ANY MONEY WAS ASKED FOR BUT I FELL HOOK LINE AND SINKER FOR THE SO CALLED "US ARMY SERGEANT" 

spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU Jul 23 '15
Hi Dee and welcome from Oz.  You're in good company here as most of us have fallen the same way so we understand how you're feeling.  Stay aware and good luck next time 
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Jul 23 '15
hi and welcome, Dee.

There is no reason to use YOUR CAPS when you write here in the forum.

Sorry to hear you were scammed. I think the emotions are harder to deal with than the financial losses, and I lost both to my scammer.

I think 90% or more of us here on this site have been in those shoes at least once. It takes time to learn to trust again, but if you have the will, you will find a way.

while it may be too late at this point, here is an article you may want to read for future use :
https://www.army.mil/article/130861/Army_investigators_warn_public_about_romance_scams/
maddee67
maddee67 Jul 23 '15
Billy luckily I realised before monies were mentioned but the embarrassment humiliation and hurt is the worst 

Thank you for welcoming me

maddee67
maddee67 Jul 23 '15
Thank you spectrumAU 
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Jul 24 '15
the emotional pain is what lingers as far as I'm concerned, of that there is no doubt, Dee. its also the one with the steeper climb to get passed the top of the hill.

I keep the ticket I bought for my scammer as a trophy these days ( a reminder of where I've been and how far I've come to get to where I am today). It worked for me as a starting point. Once you are down so far, the only way to go is up, right?   At least that is how I think. Its been a long road, but I've gained ground and now can smile and laugh at the trophy ticket.
Corina63
Corina63 Jul 25 '15
Hi Dee, welcome to DnM...
maddee67
maddee67 Jul 26 '15
Thank you Corina 
This topic is locked

Advertisiment

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo