en

What Would You Do? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Jstnona
Jstnona Apr 6 '15

You're walking down the street and see this in the grass next to you. What do YOU (other than run) do next?

The Forum post is edited by Jstnona Apr 6 '15
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Apr 6 '15
get a camera out and start filming !!!!!  ( you all ready took away my first answer of running).
Corina63
Corina63 Apr 6 '15
Me i will faint......
spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU Apr 6 '15
Wet my pants!!  
Jstnona
Jstnona Apr 7 '15
In my experience, a snake will not bother you, if you do not bother him.   I would quietly go to the other side of the road and quietly continue on my way.
spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU Apr 7 '15
That may work for some snakes but there is a brown snake here in Australia that has been known to attack.  It will chase you... and they're fast.
Jstnona
Jstnona Apr 17 '15

Quote from spectrumAU That may work for some snakes but there is a brown snake here in Australia that has been known to attack.  It will chase you... and they're fast.
Now they are a scary snake, Louise.  Hope they never come to the states.... Australian Brown Snake Attacks Camera Lens

The Forum post is edited by Jstnona Apr 17 '15
Jstnona
Jstnona Apr 17 '15

Quote from Abbynormal Snakes! I hate snakes! 

I had the experience of coming face to face with a cobra in my first job. Yep, the cobra was all upright and looking right at me, swaying left and right...I just froze and stood really still. 

Good thing, it heard footsteps coming behind it and quickly slither away without striking.

Never again, did I look at snake the same way...

A Cobra....oh my, Abby.  How frightening.
spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU Apr 17 '15
Don't think so Nona.  I'm sure your Customs and Quarantine wouldn't allow them over the border.

Not that they're likely to stop and ask for a visa. 

Jstnona
Jstnona Apr 17 '15
We have ended up with snakes and other invasive creatures coming through in bananas and other produce.   In fact I just read about a horrible Asian misquito that came in discarded tires from someplace in Asia.  Causes all sorts of tropical diseases.
spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU Apr 17 '15
Yes, that's how we get our pests too.  That's why Customs are so strict about any goods particularly foods coming in to the country.
Willi
Willi Jan 17 '18
It would be nice, if the picture was actually visible to me, but by reading the responses, it transpired, that it was just a snake in the grass. As a child I once was face-to-face (literally) with an adder, a mildly venomous species. I guess, the snake was more surprised and scared than I was and disappeared within a few seconds. A few years ago I encountered a Philippine cobra, which again preferred to hide. I n the house it had made its way into. After a lengthy chase the snake was caught and sadly killed by the animal squad, who had been called. 

I neither case I had a camera on me, which I regret very much ! Although careful I am not scared of snakes.

Willi
Willi Jan 21 '18
Although I have no picture of it, there is a rather funny sculpture (actually a life-sized sheet metal silhouette) of a dog with a raised hind leg next to a traffic sign post in DesMoines, Iowa. It looks quite convincing from the opposite side of the street and is part of a city-wide arts project. 

Advertisiment

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo