en

Chips to be imbedded in humans (hands or forehead) as form of national ID | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Serious discussions
AmeliaCastillo
AmeliaCastillo Mar 25 '15
I have read about the plan to put computer chips implant on every individual. This chips contain vital info about the person like your medical records, financial infos, biographics and can be used as credit card or something. Some says this is biblical prophesy of "the mark of the beast" where in future you won't survive without this as it will control your existence and likewise can be monitored through a central database.
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Mar 25 '15
Topic was moved from General Chat.

AmeliaCastillo, I moved the topic from General to Serious discussions because it may lead to religious beliefs.

Personally, I've been hearing stuff like that since the times pets have been implanted with chips. I don't know about  anything else, but I think its a real bad idea for one simple reason. These chips are not fool proof. Anyone with a credit card ( chip style), or a flash drive that has been corrupted knows they are far from infallible.

Even if they did perfect the technology so that magnets and other sources of EMF's did not affect them, it is still a bad idea. There are now thieves that go around with "card readers" that only need to get close to you to steal your CC information, the same will happen with these chips (unless you carry your cards in a metal wallet).

The Forum post is edited by billyHill Mar 25 '15
Jstnona
Jstnona Mar 25 '15
 I feel it would have it's valid applications, with released sex offenders and those with Alzheimer's.  But, it would take away freedom, liberty and privacy.  So, I am opposed to it ever becoming compulsory.  
On another note, was there not a guy, a while ago, that implanted one in his hand?  Infected it with a virus, then infected a lot of computers where he worked?  Do not remember the details.
Jstnona
Jstnona Mar 25 '15
On the subject of micro implants, what about Apples new one
spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU Mar 25 '15
oh geez haha more bounce per ounce.

But why don't they just tattoo a number on our wrist?  Oh, right... that's been tried!  

billyHill Moderator
billyHill Mar 25 '15
I knew I was an Apple guy for a reason !!!  Thanks, Nona
AmeliaCastillo
AmeliaCastillo Mar 28 '15
Thanks for the comments but still I think that this Radio Frequency Identification chips (RFID) is an enhancement of what we are already enjoying now like opening doors at the wave of our hand, paying bills through our mobiles, etc. Since our biometrics is installed on this chips there is no need to carry several cards be it ATM or credit cards that can be stolen, no passports or driving license, hand scanning method of payments so eventually it is leading to a "cashless society". Even our human body characteristics like DNA, fingerprints, voice patterns, hand measurements, eye retina and irises are recorded so there's no possibility of identity theft, human trafficking, etc. Even if we don't subscribe to the idea, the convenience it offers will attract people to have it especially if you can not shop, travel, enter public places and events, etc. As Dr. Mark Gasson, a cybernetics scientist says he believes that microchip acceptance will mirror that of mobile phones and that a situation will develop wherein it will be such a disadvantage not to have the implant that it will essentially not be optional. So does it mean that what is said in -Revelations 13:16-17 is starting to happen?
Jstnona
Jstnona Mar 28 '15

Quote from AmeliaCastilloEven if we don't subscribe to the idea, the convenience it offers will attract people to have it especially if you can not shop, travel, enter public places and events, etc. As Dr. Mark Gasson, a cybernetics scientist says he believes that microchip acceptance will mirror that of mobile phones and that a situation will develop wherein it will be such a disadvantage not to have the implant that it will essentially not be optional. 
Interesting, Amelia.  With cell phones, we have already voluntarily allowed ourselves to be tracked by our 10 digit numbers.  Though it appears that implanted micro-chips will conceivably be in the future, I do not see this transition happening in my lifetime. 
Jstnona
Jstnona Mar 28 '15
I said that about a cell phone also....for years, wind.  Until I was stranded on the side of a road, for three hours.  I have one for emergencies.  Have 5,000 roll over minutes on it, indicating how little I use it.
AmeliaCastillo
AmeliaCastillo Mar 29 '15
I agree with Jstnona, it will take time before it will be adapted as a normal way of life we may not be around anymore by that time. I'm not scared of the "somebody" or "anybody" who can possibly steal the info. I'm scared at the possibility of some power-hungry rulers who can use this technology to conquer the world. If they can put sanctions to squeeze any country or nation who refuse to conform with their ideas, how much more if the whole nation is controlled by a central database through the chips and with cooperation from other allied countries, what could be the fate of our grandchildren? Surely technology doesn't stop there and is constantly evolving. What seems to be impossible before is becoming a reality before our very own eyes. Greed is still the driving force that leads these rulers to aspire for more power!
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Mar 29 '15

Quote from AmeliaCastillo So does it mean that what is said in -Revelations 13:16-17 is starting to happen?

I don't believe the fear whoring preacher's that swear the "world is going to end" because this, that or the other thing is happening, and that is what the Bible ( or other book of Scripture of your personal choice) says.

I don't want to name examples specifically, but if you Google "The world is ending" ( with quotes).   " Why the world is ending" and similar searches you will find that this type of thinking has been going on since the 15 and 1600's in recorded history. Written history is harder to find earlier than that, but it does exist if you care to look for it.

The fact is humans look for reasons to be concerned, and fear whoring preachers exploit this human nature.

My final questions would be, so what if it does mean the end is near? Does that mean you will change your ways? Do something you haven't done yet? If my understanding of that book is correct, then even when the end does come definite sequences of events will happen according to the book. We will have no control of the actions of the "God", nor choice in which groups of people we belong to that go in which area.

My answers are simple. I live today like it will be my last. I do the best I can for myself and others ( In that order, in case you ask). I have no regrets, and my faith tells me that what will happen is predestined. I have no worries about the future because I will be taken care of.
The Forum post is edited by billyHill Mar 29 '15

Advertisiment

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo