en

Active Pokes don't clear. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Help!!!
coloradosweetheart
coloradosweetheart Mar 15 '15

So, I got a notification that I was poked in some way (kiss, hug, etc.), and the Active Poke was on my Dashboard.  From there, I clicked on the green icon and returned the Poke, but it didn't clear.

The next time I logged in, it was still there, and I was not notified of a return poke.  Thinking the poke didn't go through, or that I may have forgotten to return it, I tried to return it.  That's when I was notified that this person has to re-poke me before I send another poke.

This happened to me twice.  These two people have since re-poked me, and I've returned them.  So, now I have four active pokes that won't go away. 

Please advise.

The Forum post is edited by coloradosweetheart Mar 15 '15
Marisa
Marisa Mar 15 '15
To be honest I don't know why they don't go away. 
coloradosweetheart
I'll try that now, SnowDrop.
coloradosweetheart

That didn't work.  I even logged out, closed browser and logged back on.  The pokes are still there.

I remember once, that an active poke cleared, but I can't remember how it was done.  Next time, I'll try returning the pokes in a different way...NOT by clicking the icons.

coloradosweetheart

Thanks for the return poke, SnowDrop.  I was notified of the poke, looked at my Dashboard, and there were 5 Active Pokes (as expected).

I then returned to the Notification, selected your profile, and returned the poke there.  Went back to my Dashboard to see that it DID clear.  I still have four Active Pokes, though. 

spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU Mar 15 '15
I've had one sitting there for ages.  When received instead of poking back I sent a gift.  So the poke is now resident on my Dashboard.  :(  Oh well, it's not doing any harm.
Marisa
Marisa Mar 15 '15
I cleaned your active pokes from the database. I have no idea how it works, how to fix it, I am simply a script user, just like all of you, the only difference is that I have some additional red buttons to delete users, posts, etc.. that's all.  So, all I can do is erase stuff from the database, but I cannot fix software bugs.
coloradosweetheart
Thanks, Marisa!  I have a theory about how to avoid the persistent Pokes, but I won't post it until I'm sure.
billyHill Moderator
billyHill May 16 '16
Can I ask for my pokes to be cleared as well?  This is really a drag that the software does not do it automatically, or that there is not a button for us to use that we can manually clear them if we choose to.

Welcome

Please support our site, share on Facebook with your friends and invite them to join

Advertisiment

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo