en

Chatroom meetings | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Marisa Admin
Marisa Mar 13 '15
As you've probably noticed, we have an events section here. It is generally intended for RL meet ups, but since we are so small and world-wide-spread this is hardly possible. 

But we can arrange virtual meetings, in our chat room. We can schedule day and time and announce it there so many people can join, we can even do it every week. Our chat room also has a webcam option, in case you didn't notice.

How do you like an idea of announcing the site chat meetings? And what is the most appropriate day/time for that?

billyHill Moderator
billyHill Mar 13 '15
I'm up for it.... so long as my work schedule doesn't interfere with it. my work is unfortunately a day to day thing lately.

I have tested the chat room out, and it does work, including the web cam and microphone. ( Neither is mandatory, just optional )

The security settings on your computer might effect whether or not the video and mic will work. But if you have trouble, send me a PM and we can get you fixed up for it.
Marisa Admin
Marisa Mar 13 '15
We can try one this Saturday night (that will be the US time, but if it's a success we can also arrange night meetings for our European members in the future, also). How about lets say 7 PM PT - 10 PM ET Saturday? I will also ask this question in our polls.
Marisa Admin
Marisa Mar 13 '15
and of course webcam is optional!! Don't be afraid, we are not going to force you to turn your webcam on. We welcome everybody, with webcam or without! 

billyHill Moderator
billyHill Mar 13 '15
English translation by Google from quie2015 above "hi i am new to the site. I'm getting a little camera .... good idea to get to know"
Marisa Admin
Marisa Mar 13 '15
quie2015, bienvenida! Estamos tratando de organizar una charla colectiva de este sábado, esta vez en inglés, pero también queremos organizar una charla en español en el futuro.
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Mar 13 '15
Geeze Marisa.... why don't you just show off the other 5 or 6 languages you are good with, while you are at it????

Translation by Google for Marisa's answer "quie2015, welcome! We are trying to organize a collective conversation on Saturday, this time in English, but we also want to organize a lecture in Spanish in the future."
Marisa Admin
Marisa Mar 13 '15
LOL Billy, thanks for the translation! "Lecture" obviously means a "chat"! 
Marisa Admin
Marisa Mar 13 '15
quie says that it would be nice to have a chat in Spanish in future, says thanks for the translation and says she likes the site.

Muchas gracias, quie!!   Te enviaré un mensaje privado sobre tu pregunta.

Marisa Admin
Marisa Mar 13 '15
si? aprendiste!   (quie just didn't understand what "Quote" button means. )
Marisa Admin
Marisa Mar 13 '15
For our members in Australia, Asia and Europe: since we are all on different time zones it is going to be difficult to organize a chat at the convenient time for everybody. So, you can organize another chat for your part of the world and put it in Events section. It doesn't have to be an admin who organizes a chat, ANY user can set up ANY event.
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Mar 14 '15
I got a call from my employer today asking me to start work tomorrow @ 11 AM. That means chances are good for a 7:30 PM QT, assuming we work a full 8 hour day. Nothing is written in stone @ my work, I'm just letting everyone know in case someone wonders why I'm not here on time
Marisa Admin
Marisa Mar 14 '15
LOL, the miracle WILL happen!! I've just purchased another chat room for the site, WITH Mobile support. I will install it now, we will see if you like it more. The only minus of this one is - it doesn't have a cam. But I think ability to support the mobile version is more important than cam, I bet most people will not even turn it on. 
Marisa Admin
Marisa Mar 14 '15
And you are not alone. Besides, I am sure most people wouldn't turn their cam on on a public site, and that's right. This is not safe, even on DnM. People should use cam only in private sessions with people whom they know and trust. Even though we don't have scammers here, who can guarantee no pervs? 
Marisa Admin
Marisa Mar 14 '15
Okay, I installed a new chat, it is very simple, like a shoutbox, and it is right on your Dashboard, no special chatroom page is necessary. On mobile version it is on mobile menu.
Marisa Admin
Marisa Mar 14 '15
There are 2 set of smileys, one is the site-wide set and another is chat-specific. The site-wide smileys are not visible on mobile, but the chat ones are. So, you better use chat smileys. I would disable the site-wide smileys and leave just chat ones, but there is no option to do that. 
ginar
ginar Mar 15 '15
I'd like to point out what great and labour-intensive job Marisa is doing here! She's really working wonders to meet all our requiremnts
Marisa Admin
Marisa Mar 15 '15
Thanks Gina!!  I am trying my best, but people are not very active so far, as you probably know we have recently switched software and I guess they are still trying to adjust. 

Well, as for the chat meetings I guess it was not a very good idea after all. I think it would be better to do it like on the old site: if you see any of your friends online invite them to chat, and other people who happen to be online at the same time will see you chatting and maybe will join.

ginar
ginar Mar 15 '15
Quote from Marisabut people are not very active so far

Hm, you've perhaps realised, that I'm a bit the opposite way 
Marisa Admin
Marisa Mar 15 '15
and this is great, keep it that way, we obviously need more people like you!!
Pages: 1 2 Next

Advertisiment

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo