en

Profiles without photos | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Monikaspb Blocked
Monikaspb Jun 12 '17
I want to know the opinion of the men.

There are many the male`s  profiles at the site without photos.

These men are very actively, but they don`t want to show their faces. 

Normally their messages are correct, without obscene suggestions.Why the men  hide the faces and what to do with the messages from them?

spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU Jun 13 '17
There could be many reasons why people don't have a photo.  Maybe they don't want to be recognised by friends or even their boss, maybe they're cheaters not wanting to be discovered and maybe they are just shy.  Maybe they have only just joined and their photo hasn't been approved yet in which case you would see it soon and the lack of photo doesn't apply only to men.

Have you asked them 'why no photo'?

What you do with those messages is entirely up to you. If you're comfortable with the message then answer it.  If something uncomfortable happens later you can always block the sender from contacting you again.  So no harm done.

runea
runea Jun 20 '17
maybe they are searching for the best photo to put on the site or as spectrumAU said good luck hunting
Monikaspb Blocked
Monikaspb Jun 20 '17
Willi
Willi Jan 28 '18
Sadly the same applies to women. It is a mystery to me, why there is the reluctance to upload at least one good photo. As I am very visual, the situation is solved very easily : I just ignore such profiles.  Should someone without a pictures ever contact me,  I will ask for a picture to be uploaded, on this site it is not exactly rocket science, and even a relative beginner should be able to do it. Anyway, I am looking for an intelligent woman, who should be able to figure out, how to use this site or at least ask for assistance...
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Jan 28 '18
Private messages on this site can have attachments on them. So if there is no picture on the profile one can be sent in a PM after initial contact is made (provided it does not exceed some reasonable size limits).  There are many valid reasons a person (regardless of gender) may be fearful of posting a picture just as  it is up to the individual to decide how much of their own info they want to reveal in their profile.

I believe there is another topic here regarding profiles without photos as well.  I can't find it at the moment though.
spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU Jan 28 '18
You're thinking of the old site Billy.  This is it!  
spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU Jan 29 '18
 haha
Willi
Willi Jan 29 '18
Animated GIFs are not really photos (but can be amusing nevertheless). You caused me to chuckle.  
The Forum post is edited by Willi Jan 29 '18
spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU Jan 31 '18
I wasn't intending to post a photo, it was meant to be a gif in response to Crystal above me, and it was meant to be a chuckle.
Marisa Admin
Marisa Feb 2 '18
Sometimes people DO upload avatars, but I don't approve them. They are too small and their faces are not visible. People upload full sized scenic pics, but fail to crop out faces properly, and when resized to 190 x 190 pixels they end up too small and I have to reject. Please crop your big pictures, so we have a remote idea how you look like!

Also, a new trend: those silly Snap pics with dog ears and noses. NOT suitable for our site: our members are mature people and this is not a kindergarten. Example of disapproved avatar:

Bottom line: often people DO try to have a profile pic, but I cannot approve it. 

Advertisiment

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo