en

Memorial Day | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU May 9 '17

Lost Sock Memorial Day is celebrated on May 9th each year and recognizes your drawer full of unmatched socks. Each unmatched sock represents a missing sock. We never throw away our unmatched socks. After all, it may show up someday.

On Lost Sock Memorial Day, we suggest you spend a little time (as little as possible) searching for those missing socks.  After a (very) brief search, and in good "Memorial" spirit, spend a minute reflecting upon how warm and comforting the missing socks were on your stinky toes. Then, by all means, get on with your life.

We encourage you to use this special day, to toss out all of your unmatched socks. Let's face it, you're never gonna find the missing one.

Origin of Lost Sock Memorial Day:

Despite exhaustive (tee,hee) research, we found no one who was brave enough to claim responsibility for starting this wonderful day of remembrance.

What will you do on this memorable year day? hmm

billyHill Moderator
billyHill May 11 '17
and I was under the impression this topic might be about a "Memorial Day" we celebrate soon here in the USA. on the weekend of 5/27/17-5/29/17 we celebrate our service hero's that died defending the freedoms of this country. Monday the 29th is the actual holiday itself.

Here in the US the same holiday is also known as the "unofficial start of summer" because warmer weather is here now, spring planting is mostly done, and the greens are starting to appear on everything.

But thanks for the info on the little known holiday, Spectrum. 
spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU May 12 '17
It may be a little more frivolous Billy but seriously, what to do with orphaned socks??  
billyHill Moderator
billyHill May 12 '17
 don't get any orphans, Louise. what goes in comes back out. But I buy all of the same color and brand of socks, so maybe they do get orphaned occasionally and I just don't notice it because they go 2 at a time.
spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU May 12 '17
Or... we could set up an Orphaned Sock Adoption Agency.  Colour, gender, style, mixed adoptions acceptable. Then they never need be lonely again.
billyHill Moderator
billyHill May 14 '17
aren't you the thoughtful one

Advertisiment

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo