en

Website disappeared and reappeared with another identity | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Help!!!
fiddlesticks1
fiddlesticks1 May 3 '17
I do not know, if this is the correct place to report this, or whether other people have experienced it or not.

I tried to login to the site last night, and this address at datingnmore was constantly directing to some other site called singles4real.  Since I had never been there, i don't have any viruses or other issues with my pc, I was wondering why it happened?  That website is still there but for me it had completely hijacked your web domain i simply could not get to this website, until now at the time I am writing this message.
spectrumAU Moderator
spectrumAU May 4 '17
Topic was moved from General Chat.

Now you're in the right place.

I think I know what happened but I'll leave it to Marisa to explain properly.

Hopefully it won't happen again.

The Forum post is edited by spectrumAU May 4 '17
Marisa Admin
Marisa May 4 '17
Please make sure you ALWAYS enter this site using your Internet Service Provider. No VPNs, no proxies, no IP hidding software, no anonymizers. Because if you do, you will end up on that site. This is also our site (no viruses or malware, don't worry), but this is where we redirect scammers and people who are trying to hide their IP address. Because genuine users have no reason to hide their IP. This is how we keep this site scam free, making sure people are at locations they claim in their profiles and that's why we are different from other dating sites. 

Anyway, if for some reason you end up on that site again, DO NOT register there. Everybody is a scammer on that site. Just double check your IP address. 

fiddlesticks1
fiddlesticks1 May 4 '17
ok thanks, for the heads up
billyHill Moderator
billyHill May 5 '17
and an additional FYI, if you use Opera or TOR browsers they can change your IP without your knowledge and you will very likely see Singles4Real   Stick to Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE, or whatever your typical browser is to land on this site.
Marisa Admin
Marisa May 6 '17
TOR keeps coming up with new IPs every day (because old ones are being blocked by many sites). I am trying to keep up with TOR. Scammers, especially Senegal, use it a LOT, Nigerians usually use more sophisticated VPNs, but Senegal is almost always on TOR.  You were probably on a fresh TOR IP that I haven't blocked yet.

The good news is that TOR doesn't help Senegal scammers much, I spot their stupid profiles right away and simply don't approve it. Senegal just helps me to collect more and more TOR IPs to block.  

Marisa Admin
Marisa May 7 '17
Not really, this software doesn't show IPs of forum posters. Only of new registered members. 
Willi
Willi Jan 5 '18

Quote from Marisa TOR keeps coming up with new IPs every day (because old ones are being blocked by many sites). I am trying to keep up with TOR. Scammers, especially Senegal, use it a LOT, Nigerians usually use more sophisticated VPNs, but Senegal is almost always on TOR.  You were probably on a fresh TOR IP that I haven't blocked yet.

The good news is that TOR doesn't help Senegal scammers much, I spot their stupid profiles right away and simply don't approve it. Senegal just helps me to collect more and more TOR IPs to block.  

Thanks fir this tip-off !  I just love dumb scammers and love to waste their time by keeping them busy. It is indeed very easy to spot a scammer's profile or email, and I too have a little trick up my sleeve. I maintain an email address (on Gmail) exclusively dedicated for use with scammers. All contacts there are scammers, and of course my identity there is completely made-up. The only problen I have, is the fact, that I am getting bored with only those idiotically obvious 419 scammers. I need a few dating scammers to play with. I know, how to play safe but also how to frustrate a scammer over prolonged periods of time. As it is nigh impossible to bring scammers to justice, I thought, that maybe a large, covert group of volunteers could cost those scammers valuable time and have a serious negative impact on their possible income. 

Governments do nothing to address scamming, so maybe fighting fire with fire (by using methofs similar to the ones used by scammers like scripted responses - do this already and untraceable location) might be a viable solution. What do you think about this idea ?

Kimo
Kimo Dec 11 '18
Very time consuming lol
billyHill Moderator
billyHill Dec 11 '18

Willi, I was pretty sure I've told you in the past about eater. If not then I do apologize for my memory slipping. if you want the address  let me know and I'll send you a PM with the info in it. Maybe you could find the time to google "scam baiter" and see what the results show.

Yes Kimo, it is time consuming. but it can be some of the best laughs you will ever have, too

Advertisiment

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo